Neco 2022 geography questions and answers
The texture of a rock is the size, shape, and arrangement of the grains (for sedimentary rocks) or crystals (for igneous and metamorphic rocks. Example includes: basalt, andesite and rhyolite.
The structure of an igneous rock is normally taken to comprise the mutual relationships of mineral or mineral-glass aggregates that have contrasting textures, along with layering, fractures, and other larger-scale features that transect or bound such aggregates.
(iii) Colour: Color index is an indicator of the types of minerals present, and the specific type of rock. The color index of an igneous rock is a measure of the ratio of dark colored, or mafic, minerals to light colored, or felsic, minerals.
– Plutonic rocks are formed when magma cools and solidifies underground.
– It cools at a very slow rate and may take thousands or millions of years to solidify.
– Volcanic rocks are formed from lava that flows on the surface of the Earth and other planets and then cools and solidifies.
– It doesn’t cool at a very slow rate and it doesn’t take thousands or millions of years to solidify.
(i) Weather is the atmospheric over a condition of a place short period (days, weeks, hours, months).
(ii) Weather changes very often.
(iii) Weather cannot be generalized.
(i) Climate is the average condition of a place over a long period of time (35 years).
(ii) Climate does not change very often.
(iii) Climate can be generalized.
CHOOSE ANY BEST (2) OF YOUR CHOICE 🌎
– Habitat loss: Rising temperatures affect vegetation, food sources, access to water and much more. Ecosystems may become uninhabitable for certain animals, forcing wildlife to migrate outside of their usual patterns in search of food and livable conditions, while causing other animals to die off.
– Natural disasters: Already today we face a five-fold increase, compared to 50 years ago, in climate and weather-related natural disasters such as droughts, wildfires and hurricanes. These disasters cause catastrophic loss of life and habitat for people, pets and wildlife.
– Extinction: The combination of challenges could cause many animals to go extinct. The world’s most vulnerable animals, including those already near extinction, will likely face the biggest threats.
Environmental resources means any useful item in the environment or materials and substances that are useful to man.
[PICK ANY FOUR]
(i) Atmospheric resources
(ii) Human resources
(iii) Mineral resources
(iv) Land resources
(v) Vegetation resources.
[PICK ANY TWO]
(i) Forest resources such as timber products provide raw materials for the local industries e.g. furniture industry.
(ii) Forest resources provide herbs for pharmaceutical and herbal industries and clinics. They contribute positively to the health of the people.
(iii) Exportation of forest resources provide government with foreign exchange e.g. export of timber.
(iv) It helps various levels of government to generate revenue from taxes imposed on products and firms involved in the exploitation of forest resources.
(v) Grasslands provide food for livestock which serves as food for man.
(vi) Forest resources provide habitation for wild life and also help to promote tourism e.g. Yankari game reserve in Nigeria etc.