WAEC 2022 Animal husbandry questions and answers
(i) It must have enough space for snails to graze freely.
(ii) It should be able to protect snails against predators, poachers, and insect infestation.
(iii) It must be easily accessible for carrying out management activities.
(iv) It must be well ventilated and provided with adequate shade.
(i) Observe all the biosecurity measures so as to prevent disease outbreaks
(ii) Take up-to-date records of every activity and inventory on the farm.
(iii) Give appropriate vaccines and medicines to the animals
(iv) Replace any damaged or expired production material with good ones.
(i) Increases population of desirable breed
(ii) Genetic diversity of animals is increased
(iii) Introduced breed can bring about rapid improvement of local breed
(i) It can lead to loss of species variety.
(ii)It does not have control over genetic mutations.
(iii)It brings about discomfort to animals.
(i)crop plants with better yields.
(ii)ornamental plants with particular flower shapes and colours.
(iii)farm animals that produce more, better quality meat or wool.
(iv)dogs with particular physiques and temperaments, suited to do jobs like herd sheep or collect pheasants.
(i) It has a short beak.
(ii) It has a bright and bulging eyes.
(iii) It has bright red comb and wattles.
(iv) It has a broad flexible pelvic bones.
(v) It must have a Short clutch.
(vi) There is absence of broodiness.
(1) Increases population of desirable breed.
(2) Genetic diversity of animals is increased.
(3) Introduced breed can bring about rapid improvement of local breed.
(4) Breeds better than the local breeds are obtained/high productivity.
_(Pick any 3)_
(1) New diseases could be introduced.
2) New pests/parasites could be introduced.
(3) New animal may be susceptible to local.
(4) Could lead to loss of indigenous breed.
(5) Hidden undesirable trait may manifest.
(6) Animal may not perform optimally if it does not adapt to the new environment.