Waec 2022 Civic Education Questions and Answers
[Completed SECTION A: 1,2 SECTION B: 4,6 SECTION C: 7,8]
Human rights are moral principles or norms for certain standards of human behaviour and are regularly protected in municipal and international law.
i. Abuses by armed groups.
ii. Unlawful attacks.
iii. Excessive use of force.
iv. Enforced disappearances.
vi. Gender-based violence.
vii. Right to housing and forced evictions.
– To avoid injustice
-To guarantee the Liberty of citizens
– To punish violators
– They encourage dialogues with the kids.
– They act as responsible individuals themselves
– They spend quality time with their children
– They encourage more and criticize
– They teach more with actions (and examples) and less with words
– Responsible citizenry
– Healthy Nation
– Reduction in crime
– Emotionally balanced population
-Provision of formal education for the children.
– Breakdown of law and order.
– Violence and social instability.
– Disruption of academic activities.
– Disorientation of societal values.
– Premature death of youths who are cult members/innocent victims.
– Parents should pay more attention to their children’s upbringing and educate
them properly on acceptable standards of behaviour.
– Students should be encouraged to join religious groups and develop the fear of God because the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.
– Students should be encouraged to work hard in school.
– Parents should show good examples to their children.
– The teaching and learning environment should be conducive.
5a. 1 Fear of contacting hiv from them.
2. The judgemental part of thinking people who have hiv contacted it through immoralities.
3. Lack of enlightenment on how hiv works.
4. Outdated beliefs of some people concerning the disease.
5. The dreaded nature and assumptions of the disease
1. Inability of the patients to work owing to the illness can lead to dearth of human resources.
2. The dependents on the patients will suffer poverty and loss of goals.
3. The production life of the society will dwindle.
4. Good number of investable capital will be wasted of taking care of the sickness.
(5.) More people will be in danger of being exposed to the sickness owing to it’s spread which will underpopulate such society.
(PICK ANY FIVE)
(i) Life coping skills
(ii) Intellectual skills
(iii) Decision making skills
(iv) Leadership skills
(v) Negotiation skills
(vi) Motivational/self-actualization skills
(vii) Communicative skills
(viii) Artistic skills
(ix) Interpersonal/human relation skills
(PICK ANY FIVE)
(i) To inculcate discipline in Nigerian youths by instilling in them a tradition of industry at work, and of patriotic and loyal service to Nigeria in any situation they may find themselves.
(ii) To raise the moral tone of the Nigerian youths by giving them the opportunity to learn about higher ideals of national achievement, social and cultural improvement
(iii) To develop in the Nigerian youths the attitudes of mind, acquired through shared experience and suitable training which will make them more amenable to mobilisation in the national interest
(iv) To enable Nigerian youths acquire the spirit of self reliance by encouraging them to develop skills for self employment
(vi) To contribute to the accelerated growth of the national economy by engaging them in different productive areas of national economy such as in farms, and in private enterprises.
(v) To develop common ties among the Nigerian youths and promote national unity and integration
(vi) To provide greater employment opportunities for the youths by ensuring greater job opportunities are available to the fresh graduates
A political party is an organization that coordinates candidates to compete in a particular country’s elections. It is common for the members of a party to hold similar ideas about politics, and parties may promote specific ideological or policy goals.
1. Secret balloting
2. Counting of votes
3. Division into constituencies
4. Preparation of voters register
5. Initidation of voters
6. Opportunity to campaigns
Pro-democracy demonstration definition: A demonstration is a march or gathering which people take part in to show their.
labor group is an organization that engages in collective bargaining with an employer to protect workers’ .
Professional group is an association that is formed to further the interests of people engaged in a specific profession
Religious groups bring people together for regular ritual interactions, and these interactions take place in defined settings controlled by religious movements
Student Group means a number of persons who are associated with a school and each other, but who have not registered
(i)Negative or poor attitude to work: Civil servants are known to display poor attitude to work due to inadequate salaries, poor working conditions and absence of job security.
(ii) Bureaucracy: Civil servants follow precedents and adhere strictly to official rules when carrying out decisions and policies of government.
Continuous change of government brings along a change of political appointees like ministers, commissioners and career top civil servants such as the head of service and sometimes the directors-general.
(iv)Political interference: The intervention of the government in the day-to-day administration of the civil service does not give the civil servants the necessary freedom to carry out government policies effectively.
(v)Duplication of offices and position: The civil service is often criticized for wasting financial and manpower resources, and retaining unproductive workers with the creation of ministries, departments and positions with similar functions.
please wait and keep refreshing…
Admin: Solving and typing…..
NOTE: Always Pay a day before your Exam.